Increase production and save energy
Find out how Crowley Carbon can use software and engineering expertise to help increase your capacity and save you money on you energy bill.
Increase in process efficiency
Saving in energy consumption
Real-time visibility of saving opportunities
3 Steps to (Refrigeration) Heaven
Refrigeration can be up to 70% of energy costs
And, it can sometimes feel that Fridge power consumption can be an uncontrolled cost centre too. Power consumption can vary significantly with weather conditions, production changes, operator and maintenance input (or lack of same!).
The following are some of the issues which we typically see which are causing excessive energy consumption in meat factory refrigeration plants:
- Using simple energy KPI’s (kWh’s per tonne or kWh’s per head of cattle killed) that do not highlight either energy losses OR savings opportunities during dynamic conditions i.e. weather changes, production increases/decreases or product mix changes
- No real understanding of how production changes (product mix changes for example) can drive energy consumption changes
- Insufficient automation in place or;
- Automation switched off (maybe initially only temporarily) and plants running in manual
- Plants do not dynamically adapt to changing weather and to production conditions
- Plant equipment consuming more power and water than design due to lack of maintenance or incorrect installation
Build digital models and feed them live data
Modelling of individual refrigeration system components so now you have an accurate prediction of the overall refrigeration plant performance you will start to see deviations between the actual and predicted (over time) as the plant conditions start to change i.e.
- Condensers foul
- Air ingress occurs on the low temperature side
- Compressors degrade
- Oil carries over to evaporators
- Automation switched off and compressor sequencing not as it should be
The solution lets you:
Bring those models to life i.e. feed them with live pressure, temperature data from the plant and calculate dynamically and continuously the predicted plant performance – and compare it to the actual.
-17% in Energy Consumption without equipment!
Learn how Crowley Carbon saved a refrigeration plant 17% in energy consumption costs without installing any major equipment!